Friday, March 4, 2011

Trying out my new video camera

Here is my first attempt at video. I am making a quick series of small collage paintings, first by using my own scribble painted papers, stained papers, and a few other items for a basic collage layout, and then painting over it with Golden fluid acrylics. I use acrylic matte medium for the adhesive and top coat.




Here are the four finished small collages:


On this one I added a little stamping with wavy corragated card stock to echo the same pattern as is on the scribble painted paper:
I printed white dots with a hand-carved rubber stamp on this one, and also added the wavy corragated lines
I used plastic cross stitch canvas to print the white grid patterns on this one:
Thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

  1. I love these collage pieces! I particularly like the colours you use.

    ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the collages and watching you work! I confess to having a madcap love affair with that cross stitch plastic stuff. I wonder if anyone really uses it for cross stitch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspirational. Next on my list of to-try: paint on top of collage! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These a fabulous Jane!! Thanks for sharing the video... :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. I am working on collages this month and it gave me some ideas to use.
    Love the decisive way you approach the collage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo great demo! I love your collage techniques.

    If you have time and interest, I would love for you to consider being in this community art project:
    http://acommunityartproject.blogspot.com/2011/02/project.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely dreamy, Jane. Love the first time video.. the colors, cross forms and the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was wonderful watching you work--thanks so much for sharing! I've recently ventured into collage art and really loved seeing you rotate several pieces at the same time--it's what I do!! Hope to see more demo's soon!

    ps: should have checked my spelling before posting!! I think this one is OK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved watching your video!!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing! Those came out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!